Tabla de contenido
Allow us to let you in on a little secret – learning how to play blackjack doesn’t take a lot of time. The truth is you need a little time, some effort, and a how to play blackjack simple rulebook. Our experts have decided to take care of the latter, which is why we created a beginner-friendly guide that will teach you how to play casino blackjack quickly.
Everything starts and ends with the rules of the game. If you want to learn how to play black jack, you shouldn’t skip steps. That is why we have an entire section of our blackjack guide dedicated to revealing the basic game details.
Once you get comfortable with the basics, you will soon discover how to play black jack like a pro. Our newbie-friendly tips will help you complete that final step of training and get ready for the real action. You will be able to brag to your friends that you know how to play blackjack at home, and maybe even share information about some winnings.
If you want to keep winning, it is essential to know all the details on how to bet on blackjack. In short, you place initial bets before the dealer gives you the cards, and you can add extra bets later during the hand. The tempting winnings are the main reason why put an effort and find out how to play 21 blackjack. The great thing about this game is that it is suitable both for experienced players and high rollers, as well as those looking to have fun and relax while playing online.
Blackjack Rules You Should Know Before You Start Playing
Are you ready to get to know the rules of blackjack? You probably already know that you play this game with cards, but did you know that you can use anywhere from one to eight decks? The exact number depends on the casino you play in, but the multi-deck versions are more common.
Whether you are playing with your friends or in an online casino, the standard blackjack rules should apply. The magic number in the game is 21, and both the player and the dealer should target to have a total card value as close to it as they can. The casino blackjack rules do not allow you to go over 21 or you will be “busted,” and you will lose the hand.
When it comes to card values, the blackjack rules chart considers the ace the most versatile card in the game. One of the best blackjack rules for players is that it can have the value of either 1 or 11, and it is up you to choose which of those fits better. The simple blackjack rules also indicate that cards from 10 to K have a value of 10 while those from 2 to 9 keep their initial value.
As for the blackjack betting rules, the casinos will clearly emphasize the minimum bet amount, as well as the maximum limit. The game starts after you place the initial bets, and the dealer gives you two cards and deals a couple of them for themselves. The rules of blackjack indicate you should chase 21, which means that A-10 combo means you hit a “natural.” You automatically qualify to win the hand unless the dealer can match you with the strength of their hand.
The tricky thing about this game is that your both cards are shown on the table while the blackjack dealer rules allow them to show only one of them to the rest of the players. It is only when the time for comparison comes when they need to reveal the entire hand.
The initial two cards will form either a hard or soft hand. If you are wondering what does hard and soft mean in blackjack, here is the answer:
- A soft hand is the one that contains an ace.
- The hard hand doesn’t contain any aces.
Based on the strength of your hand by the official blackjack rules, you have the following options:
- Stand – stick with the cards you have.
- Hit – ask for the dealer to give you at least one more card.
- Split – players use this option when they initially get a pair. It allows you to play with two hands instead of one.
- Double down – ask for only one extra card and increase your bet.
- Surrender – some variations do not allow this option, but it is a good way of controlling your losses.
When you are done with forming your hand, it is time to compare what you have with the dealer. The one who has a stronger hand (closer to 21) is the ultimate winner, and the game starts over after that.
Here Is How to Win at Blackjack
If you already know the basics, and you are more interested in what are the keys to winning blackjack, we have some expert tips for you. Take a look at our blackjack tips to win below:
- Know when to split and when not to split. The best way to win at blackjack is to boost your chances by splitting a pair of aces or eights. At the same time, always keep pairs of cards from 10 to K in your hand. That is an essential rule to follow in how to win at video blackjack.
- Make a smart decision based on the initial hand strength. If you want to know how to win online blackjack, try this strategy – tell the dealer to “hit” you if you have a hand value of 11 or less. Go with your intuition (or even better - with a blackjack chart) and ask for another card if you have anywhere from 12 to 16. The basic blackjack tips to follow include standing if you have a value of 17 or more.
The question players from South Africa often ask goes like this – is it possible to consistently win at blackjack? No strategy will guarantee you will every time. However, utilizing our tips can help you to discover how to win at blackjack without counting cards.
Did you find this information useful?
Thanks, we appreciate your reply!
Sorry for inconveniences
Please tell us how this article can be improved